Ichat backdrop problem cant get rid of it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by polishmacuser, Jun 8, 2008.

1. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

as the subject says how in the world do you get rid of backdrops that you put in yourself im trying to look in the library section in macintosh hd and i cant find anything please help its really annoying and i looked on google macosxhints and i cant find anything :mad:

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

From MacTipper.com. I would imagine that this solution is the same in iChat. I don't use iChat so I can't test it for you.

Leopard Only: How to Remove Photo Booth Backdrops

This is something Apple doesn't make very clear. However, it's kind obvious once you think of it. To remove a Photo Booth backdrop (if you use them) all you have to do is select the backdrop and hit Cmd-Delete. However, you don't have to do this because you can just drag in a picture/movie over the one you don't want.

Also, if you're taking a picture with a custom background in it, you can reset the pseudo-green-screen by hitting Cmd-Shift-R.

3. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

ya i tried that before i posted it and it doesnt work :(

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Found this on the MacNN forums.

So, if you want to reset it to the original quit iChat and go to

User/Library/Caches/com.apple.iChat/EffectsPickerCache

and delete (move to trash): user backdrop 1.effectsPickerCache(or whatever the custom number is for the effect you want to delete).
    Reopen iChat and that effect should be reset to default grey.

5. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

thanks soo much but its weird we did this before and it just came right back now it works oh well but thanks :D