iChat being werid?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kidwithdimples, Aug 12, 2008.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

So I added a friend to my buddy list on aim and after I added him .. I saw him sign on in my buddy list then his screen name flashes 3 times and stays solid then it disappears?

I used Adium and saw it's still there. Do I need to remove some .plist files or something?

2. brzy macrumors newbie

I have the same stupid problem! Someone Please HELP!

3. brzy macrumors newbie

Hey, I just somehow fixed the issue. This issue may initially be caused because the other person may be set to away for an extended period of time or have settings altered, so don't get frustrated if it doesn't work after restarts of your iChat, system, and whatever else you feel like doing. Just kick it and relax until they come back or change settings. If all this fails, ask the person to ADD you. This may also fix the issue. If all fails, there is one thing to do.. re-create an aim screen name and start over.

4. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

About the last part... NO WAY! lol. i've had my screen name since 2001 :D

I moved one of the .plist to my desktop and it seem to work for now. But for the most part, I am going to ditch iChat then use Appzapper and destory that ****** application (yes, im mad)

5. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

bump?

Any other suggestion to get this iChat problem fixed?