iChat dropping in 10.5.4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChePibe, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ChePibe macrumors member

Has iChat been dropping a lot more since the update to 10.5.4? By "dropping" I mean reporting to the user that it is still connected and showing all is well in the GUI when it is, in fact, no longer connected. It's annoying - I keep sending messages, I get no response, and I think I'm being ignored only to find out the person on the other end doesn't receive them and that person assumes I've disappeared. This happens mostly with jabber and Gmail's chat service.

The problem may not be iChat - I'm presently in a fairly ghetto area of Lima, Peru with iffy internet service. But I figured I would throw my hat out there and see if anyone's had similar problems with my formerly favorite chat program.

I should also note that I never had this problem until the recent upgrade to 10.5.4.

2. B1gMac macrumors regular

B1gMac

Me too! This is what keeps happening every time I try and open iChat. It actually never is able to connect for me, it just does this: (note, the blurring isn't the problem! I did this to protect my name/sn)

Attached Files: