iChat Font Color

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by agrats84, Dec 2, 2007.

1. agrats84 macrumors member

I have been trying to permanently change my font color in iChat and it remains black. I went into preferences and set my font color to blue and it will show up on my screen as blue but not on the receivers screen. The only way to make it blue on the receivers screen is to highlight my message, change the font color, then send. It will not remain blue no matter what I do!!! Help!!

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Not sure on what fixes your problem. But perhaps include some more info. What version OS are you running / what version of ichat and whom are you interfacing with when this problem occurs? (iChat / AIM / Bonjour, ect...)

3. agrats84 thread starter macrumors member

I am running leopard...brand new iMac. I have it set up so my buddy list is AIM. The receiver is using XP, but dont think this would have anything to do with it considering they see a blue font only after i change it each time I send a message. Not really a big deal but just really frustrating!

4. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I don't now about other people on these boards but when people change the text color/ font it drives me nuts. I ALWAYS change it so the incoming text is reformatted so i don't see that crap.

Anyway, this might have something to do with the way the receiver has there end set up but as you said you can get it to appear in blue later.

5. Kooka1 macrumors newbie

Same Problem!!! Same System!!

OMG im having that same problem and its soooooooo annoying email me at fanniejfox@gmail.com if you find the answer! thanks and good luck! ;)

Kooka