ichat for windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by waterskier2007, Jul 11, 2007.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i was just thinking, why could apple not realease ichat for windows. i love being able to see what my friends (those that are running ichat on a mac) are listening to. it would be cool to expand that and be able to access the ichat only features for windows people and enhance the ichat experience for everyone currently using it

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

why would Apple release it for windows? the only reason for releasing iTunes was the iPod so it made sense financially, and Safari was released for windows for testing iPhone apps. it would not make sense for apple to do it, if someone wants it they just get a mac.

3. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Why ?, ichat is just a fancy AIM client, the windows users already have a pretty feature rich AIM client from AOL them selves, Plus i doubt features in the new leopard such as theatre and photo-booth effects would work as they require Quartz or something mac only any way.
    What your listening to is certainly not a ichat only feature, Messenger for mac has it, and it's also in messenger for windows

4. spazattack674 macrumors regular

I don't think Apple would release iChat for Windows. If they keep releasing apps for Windows, what's stopping them from releasing the whole OS X operating system to a Windows environment. Also, if many Apple apps are released into Windows, it would hurt Apple's business, not help. If someone can have the same experience on a Windows machine as I have on a mac, then why would they buy a Mac when they are able to buy a Windows machine for almost half the price?

5. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i understand what you are all saying but, i think some of the things in ichat are pretty nice when working between two people using ichat, like the song feature and everything like that.

and mrkramer, i dont think someone could rationalize buying a mac for ichat only