Ichat/Ichat Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macnerdiac, Jun 12, 2010.

1. macnerdiac macrumors member

macnerdiac

is there anyway to change the color of the ichat icon manually, like going into system folders and change a few files?

I found out how to change the dock color on the desktop but i cant figure out how to change the color of my ichat icon (default blue).

anyone know how??? thank you
    :)

ps when the heck is apple going to update ichat to a new version

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

CandyBar will do this. You can also manually change the icon using Photoshop and then replace it. Open up a Finder window and browse to your Applications folder, then to iChat. Right click on it and select 'Show Package Contents'. Then go to Contents/Resources/iChat.icns. If you edit that and replace it, it will display as the icon on your Dock.

3. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

Still wont work

hello shado, yes i tried that before. I went into package contents, changed the color of the chat.ins manually. Restared my comp and nothin changed. When i go back into package contents and click on the chat.ins , under preview the new color is shown but no changes take effect. The icon is still the default blue color? I have no idea why it wont change........it works for changing the dock color manually but not the ichat icon.....:(

I will try candybar now.......

if you have anymore suggestions that would be cool
    thanks

4. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

i just tried candybar as well, that did not work either

also there is 5 files within the ichat.icns file. still not working
    GRRRrr:mad::mad:

5. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

The only other thing I would try would be the following: create a new ichat.icns file from a picture you want as the icon (ie altered color or w/e). You can use img2icns to change a pic into an .icns file. After you create that, replace the original ichat.icns file. Then remove the ichat icon from the dock and drag the updated one from your apps folder onto the Dock.