iChat - importing AIM buddy list to .mac

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Ok so I want to use my .mac account on iChat. I have an aim account for my pc but i want a seperate account to use on my mbp. basically, i want to see if there is an easy way to get all of my aim contacts onto the .mac buddy list. i would rather not manually add 200 or so people :(

is this possible? ive searched and the only thing i seem to come up with is how to import the contacts into another aim account.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
you can on leopard, i suppose thats not all too much help, but if you give me log in for the accounts i can move them all over in a flash, you can have multiple accounts of any type and just drag the list accross.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Mord said:
you can on leopard, i suppose thats not all too much help, but if you give me log in for the accounts i can move them all over in a flash, you can have multiple accounts of any type and just drag the list accross.
id rather not give out my login info, no offense. if you could explain how its done im sure i can handle it :)

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
I guessed as much, it's just theirs no other easy way I know of.

if you change your mind just pm me.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
nevermind, i figured out how to do it. but thank you for the offer! i knew you could log into aim through ichat, but i didnt know you could log into .mac through aim. i just exported my aim list, logged into my .mac account through aim, imported the list, and then went into ichat and its all there =D

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
ah good, I've never used any client but ichat so I don't have much experience with anything elce.