Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
California
Hey guys, I wanted to share my concern and ask how I may be able to resolve this problem.

Recently, my @mac AIM account has been distributing links to my buddies. I think this happened after I clicked a link someone sent to me, when they were infected.

I have having my account send out links and people asking me what the link is when I haven't sent anything to them.

So my questions are:
Am I really infected?
If so, how do I resolve this problem?

Thanks any help would be nice.

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
California
This may sound dumb, but, I'm unable to change my password when I go to account information in iChat.

I do believe that something did happen to my iChat and the peace of mind of knowing my iChat is 'clean' would be priceless.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Not iChat. You use either AIM or MobileMe, right? Change those passwords (you know, via an actual website?).

Just looked back at your first post, you're using a .Mac email address. Go to Me.com, log in, change your password. Done. No more problems.

There is nothing on your computer. No one has hacked it, you do not have a virus. Someone is using your AIM account from another computer to do this.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.