iChat iPhone patent surfaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss1, Jul 20, 2007.

1. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

from MacNN:

iChat patent links photos to voices July 20

Apple’s iChat patent for Mac OS X July 19

When 10.5 hits the shelves in October might we see iChat on iPhone? I skimmed through the articles and haven't read the actual patent yet. But it seems like implementing iChat on iPhone requires a new implementation of iChat on OSX .... an update to iChat on OSX is needed for the service to communicate properly to handheld devices seperating voice/text/graphic .. err something to that effect.

It makes sense I guess. Just hope to see true IM soon.

2. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Just from quickly looking at the patent it looks like Apple is just covering all its bases. Its common to make sure a technologies patent covers all its possible uses even if invention is never used in every manner mentioned.

Also it covers recording a video conference. For this to work there would have to be a camera on the front of the iPhone - which there is not currently one.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I am hoping that we won't have to wait until Leopard is released before we can do IM in a native application. I'm hoping Apple adds this well before then.

4. fart macrumors regular

Ha! Just wait for the iMirror. Attaches via magnets and allows a self portrait view of the user. Photobooth style software reverses the image. I'm going to get in line right now.

btw, it improves your gas milage.