iChat is retarded.

WeeShoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
North Carolina
Well, most of my friends have Windoze machines, and whenever we direct connect to send pic's and stuff, All I get is a little icon that is a piece of Paper... the file is always called ''*noname1*

???

- WeeShoo

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
How can iChat be retarded? How can a string of 1s and 0s have any thought? Oh, well...

Err... I have no idea. Had you thought of possibly dragging the file out of the window and onto your desktop?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
that is because your friends don't know how to send files. I have had to yell at my friends for it, then they understand and send it the correct way.

And a program retarded? I think a lot of the people i draw at the hospital that are disabled would take offense to that.

jmsait19

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
MO
there is some type of operator error here...i send files an pics with people on windows machines all the time

alll i do with ichat is drag the file in to the text-entry bar (where you type what you want to say) and then send the message, and it sends the file...

you may have some sharing restriction set in a preference somewhere...

i use ichat all the time and would definitely not refer to it as 'retarded'

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly, the is the second thread in the last two days to use the word "retarded" in this way. I am not usually a "Politically Correct" person (or PC person... I couldn't resist on the Mac forums) but really, I think that this is very offensive.

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
It's just latin

debroglie said:
Honestly, the is the second thread in the last two days to use the word "retarded" in this way. I am not usually a "Politically Correct" person (or PC person... I couldn't resist on the Mac forums) but really, I think that this is very offensive.
Actually, he *could* have been using it appropriately here. It's just a Latin carry-over for "slow." It's still used in many fields, including music, biology, and education.

:)

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
jsalzer said:
Actually, he *could* have been using it appropriately here. It's just a Latin carry-over for "slow." It's still used in many fields, including music, biology, and education.

Very true. The word retard is used for a hell of a lot more than just talking about retards. Oops, I've gone too far.

Lighten up, let's not turn this thread into... well, maybe it's inevitable.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
jsalzer said:

I realize what retard can mean; I've taken Latin. However, that is not the way that it comes off, and excuse me if I don't think that it is necessary

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.