iChat keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by XFacta82, Sep 15, 2008.

1. XFacta82 macrumors member

When I go to video chat, after a minute or so the feed freezes and I have to force quit ichat. Why is this happening?

2. mike21190 macrumors member

3. Wadadli24 macrumors newbie

same issue here...I just got my mac book pro today so and everything has been updated

4. juice831 macrumors member

this happens to me too... anybody know how to fix this?

5. ant-macyourself macrumors member

Have you tried deleting your iChat preference files? You can do so by going to Username > Library > Preferences and then trashing the ones that start with com.apple.iChat.

If that doesn't work, perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling iChat from your Tiger/Leopard disc might do it? Here are some detailed instructions for doing the install.

6. Wadadli24 macrumors newbie

7. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Well that happened to me all the time so I switched to Skype which work's great.

8. XFacta82 thread starter macrumors member

Just wondering, why would I delete all those preferences. Don't they serve a purpose or something?

9. iBunny macrumors 65816

Both me and my wife have the same problem. Its annoying really because I am so far away and we rely on iChat for communication.

We have sent a request to Apple and hopefully they will fix this. But this issue happens often enough, at least 3 or 4 times daily :(

It all started for us when we upgraded to 10.5.4

10. Wadadli24 macrumors newbie

i have been using skype in the meantime but I would really love to use ichat again....fix this please apple