iChat/MSN

Tim117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
BC Canada
Okay So I just finished going through the set up on my computer. But like most people I just keep pressing continue, without reading anything. So I didn't activate the Jabber thing.

Okay so, how can I use my MSN (@hotmail.com) account in iChat? Since about last year, I just used the MSN application and ... well it's never been too savvy.

archi penko

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
adium adium adium

you should check out opensourcemac.org/ a good resource for all things incestuous and free. like adium & its protocols. ;)

archi penko

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
you could also prolly find a skin or theme at their Xtras page (link) and search "iChat" in the top right hand search box.

i mean i'm guessing you want simple lovely UI of iChat. in case your ambivilant to Adium as it is.

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
you could also prolly find a skin or theme at their Xtras page (link) and search "iChat" in the top right hand search box.

i mean i'm guessing you want simple lovely UI of iChat. in case your ambivilant to Adium as it is.
Yep, s'what I did, I have the iChat Dock icon and also a nice looking message window
Tis slick
The Xtras link is worth a look

archi penko

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Yep, s'what I did, I have the iChat Dock icon and also a nice looking message window
Tis slick
The Xtras link is worth a look
i just like the penguin tooo much. but my fave is replacing the sounds with Napolean Dynamite ones.... rocks!! ;)

(and of course custom sounds for certain users... can u do this in iChat?)

Personally, i need the UI to look/suit the mood & theme of my desktop, icons, etc. But the one up that 10.5 iChat has over Adium (despite video, coz the are coming out with that) is the screen sharing thing. is that .Mac only?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.