iChat not allowing screen share (declined)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamesarm97, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have a friend that just switched to the Macbook pro and Timemachine and I set them up with iChat using their MobileMe name and I was able to screen share while I was there and video chat later at home. Today she needed help so I was going to screen share from work but it comes back immediately as 'XX has declined your invitation'. It does not even pop up on her side for authorization. I can type / text her in iChat and that works. I had her send me a 'Ask to share my screen' request which I got, then when I accepted it it failed. I can turn right around and screen share with my wife at home so I know my side is working. Is there anything in the TimeMachine (used as router to cable modem) that could be causing this or some other setting I am missing? I will have to try from home later. I thought it was odd that it says declined right away. I have secure connection turned on and it shows we are chatting securely.

- James

2. jamesarm97 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think that is the problem. They describe the chat as starting, just showing one sided video and audio. I can't even get past the 'declined' part.