iChat not recognizing iSight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Jun 9, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi guys. I've searched for this to no avail. Now, here's what's happening. On my MBP (I've only recently started using iChat) Photo Booth, detects my iSight just fine. but then (even if I leave photo booth on) and I go to iChat, in preferences, audio/video, it doesn't detect my iSight camera, saying that my computer is incapable of having video conversations. it doesn't detect the mike either. But if (with iChat still on) I switch to the Photo Booth, it can see me fine.
    Now, here's where it gets weirder. If I'm in iChat, then in the preferences > Audio/Video screen, where it says it can't see the iSight, then I open Photo Booth, Photo Booth just has an icon of a camera with a line through it, indicating it can't detect an iSight.

Anyone know what the heck is going on?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

you cant access the isight with more than one app at a time
    here with photo booth open first:
    [​IMG]
    and with ichat open first:
    [​IMG]

3. anklenawer macrumors newbie

ichat can't find isight

still having the problem - i have went back to my original mac os X - ( before the 10.5.8 uptdate) and it worked - so i thought

well , i am running 4.0 ichat, copied that - and saved it to my external, just to restore all my other programs and such from Time machines backup - and install just Ichat 4.0...

no good

really tried everything in the books, PRAM, delete skype, delete ichat blah blah blah - nothing worked, clikc ichat - the title bar says "audio" then "video" for 1 sec, hopes build then " audio" where it stays - no video available in ichat -

photobooth - green light ( literally)

need help about to revert mac to original and not update - ( its sad because i don't even use ichat that much - just pisses me off - because mac rocks - but maybe not as much as i thought

love you guys, thanks for the help..

kyle

4. tokitsid macrumors newbie

Ichat Not recognizing video

if your ichat only shows the talk option and does not recognize the video.
    Do this go to
    Finder> Library> Prefrences
    Highlight these two files and drag them to your desktop
    com.apple.iChat.AIM.plist
    com.apple.iChat.plist

Restart your computer

You will need to reenter your information
    Check if the video works then you can delete what you dragged to the desktop.