iChat Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SJME7, Aug 3, 2007.

1. SJME7 macrumors newbie

I can have a video conference with my father, and my father can have a video conference with my daughter but I can’t have a video conference with my daughter. Every time my daughter and I try it comes back with an error about insufficient bandwidth. It doesn’t matter whether I invite my daughter or she invites me.

Both my father and my daughter have a faster internet service than I do. My speed is supposed to be 768K.

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

2. jphartstein macrumors newbie

Sometimes I have the same problem when starting a videoconference.... What you can try which has sometimes worked for us is quitting iChat (both you and your daughter) and then trying to videoconference again. You may both have to repeat this process multiple times.

Good luck!

3. ingenious macrumors 68000

ingenious

My best advice, actually, is to seek the advice of Ralph Johns (UK) on the Apple Discussions forums. He and defcom (UK) are some of the most knowledgeable people when regarding iChat. Ralph usually responds to every thread in the iChat forum, so you should have good luck getting help. I know he was a lifesaver for me!