ichat problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by triska, Mar 19, 2008.

1. triska macrumors newbie

not really sure what happened, but my ichat stopped working! when i open ichat, my buddy list is gone and i'm unable to click any functions up in the toolbar to either view my list, go to preferences or do anything really. when i hover over the 'accounts' it just shows nothing. i have no idea if i'm logged in to my account when i have ichat open...but i'm guessing i'm not.
    anyone else ever had this problem?
    i can't think of a way to fix it other than to reinstall it?

thanks
    trish

2. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

I was going to say reinstall it because the files not to big so it shouldn't take that long, the only problem is I couldn't find anywhere to download iChat

3. daniel huxtable macrumors member

im having almost the same problem. when i open iChat it takes a while for my list to load up. the actual iChat program opens up but my buddy list doesnt load until about 2 minutes. it just started to happen recently.

4. billmister macrumors 6502

That happens to my fiance's blackbook.. I thought it was her internet router connection...

BUT last night when i turned on ichat, i started, but i couldn't even get to see my buddy list.. I restarted my computer and all was well after that.. Don't know what could of caused that.. But anyway it happend last night.