iChat Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harrisone23, May 5, 2008.

1. harrisone23 macrumors member

I have a 15" MBP and I just got it (2 months). On iChat normally it has the icon of the camera with the layers behind it, but now its just the camera icon. I have the mic enabled and i removed the prefs 2x. I restarted my computer and then i quit iChat multiple times. How do I get the normal icon back?

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I usually use Audium but I recently went to iChat because I never really used it. It is a horrible program. It has forced quit about 10 times because it drives my CPU to 100% and up to about 170*F. Every time it doesnt connect. I give up and I am going back to Audium. It seems like every programs Apple comes out with or updates just uses more CPU and RAM.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

user error, the new ichat is great..not sure whats wrong with yours...

and you, im just lost, are you talking about the icon on your name or someone elses, oh ok i just looked at mine i see what you mean, im not really sure what the layers represent...

4. ajchapinjr.com macrumors member

Agreed. In comparison to AIM6 or anything on a PC or that I've experienced on a Mac, iChat is light, stable and nothing short of outstanding.

Back to the OP, I'm not sure if this is what you mean by "I have the Microphone enabled," but if you go to iChat > Pref > Audio/Video, is Microphone set to "Internal microphone?"

If not, it may be looking elsewhere for audio input.

5. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

the multi-layer camera icon means you can do multi-audio conference chat with that person.