iChat problems with AIM PC users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bernie14, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Bernie14 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm using iChat 4 on a Macbook Pro running leopard and everytime i try and video chat with someone using aim on the pc it times out and when i receive a chat invitation the video freezes and never connects and says it never received a response from the other person.

Any help is greatly appreciated and if you need any other information from me let me know.

Thanks Pete

2. tbae12 macrumors member

yea i have the same problem too but with a mac. i have a macbook pro and when i video chat with someone with a macbook the video eventually freezes, but the audio still works.

i heard that this problem comes from apple's most recent software update 10.5.5. i'm not sure if there's a way to fix it. we'll probably have to wait until apple releases the next software update and hopefully it'll fix it.

3. pattyo macrumors newbie

im sorry but I have no clue how to ask a question here

I us ichat at home and it works fine but im at college with a router now .It has been working fine since I moved in then just yesterday it just says disconected wait a few minutes and i wait an hour it wont let me get on. I even tryed using my ethernet cable but it wont go on ichat. It worked perfectly yesterday at my house and has been working at schhol up untill yesterday. agaim i hope someone sees this i dont see where to start a new post