iChat Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcspeakeasy, Jan 15, 2010.

1. mcspeakeasy macrumors newbie

I know "correlation does not imply correlation" ( http://bit.ly/1evesU ), so here is what I have noticed without any predetermined explanations, maybe someone can help?

I log into iChat with both my AIM and Jabber (gChat) lists appearing at the same time. Sometimes during the day, I'll have only 3 friends on my gChat and a small number of friends on AIM or some who have been online forever. I have noticed that the whole iChat will unexpectedly log me out of both chat platforms, sometimes while I'm chatting with one friend. After I saw this happen to me multiple times one day I started to take logs.

At one point I had a friend on my Jabber list who logged in and he immediately logged out. At that point I was logged out of my iChats. I then immediately logged back in slightly annoyed that I was booted. My friend from my Jabber list then logged in and immediately logged out again, which then caused me to get booted AGAIN. Now I only had a few friends (3) on Jabber list (5) on AIM at the time. This is getting hella annoying, does anyone have any ideas? :eek:

2. tommy99953 macrumors newbie

any fix

Ever find a solution to this less than dandy issue? I recently did a clean install up to 10.5.8 and before I initialized the OS there was no issue and with the new one there is. I am befuddled.