iChat quesitons: Screen share problem and name formatting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Siroc, May 25, 2008.

1. Siroc macrumors newbie

I am trying to connect to my girlfriend's father's Macbook, and you can't connect to his computer, but I can connect to her computer on the same network. I looked at the firewall settings and it has checked "Allow all connections," but I dont know what else it could be. Also, in iChat wen I click his name and go to ask to share his screen, that too is greyed out.

Edit: I told them to go to the iChat menu video and click screen sharing, but that is greyed out as well. I can screenshare with her, but not him. The connection doctor has Screen sharing and Multiperson video chat Xed out due to a slow connection. So I guess I shouldn't be able to connect to either of the, but I can connect to hers, so I should be able to connect to his.

My other question is about screen name formatting. I'm using my AIM screenname in iChat and I set my screen name format to something like "Name Here" and iChat always formats like "namehere." I tried deleting the profile from iChat and remaking it, but it does the same thing.

Thanks for your help!

2. claddagh macrumors newbie

Not sure if this will solve your problem. Look in the menu bar, and click on "Video" and at the bottom, make sure that there is a checkmark next to "screen sharing enabled".

Good luck!

3. esquire360 macrumors regular

same problem that i can't ask to share certain buddies screens....

4. esquire360 macrumors regular