ichat screen sharing gallery,retail stores, possible security risk

Discussion in 'macOS' started by instupituous, Jan 3, 2008.

1. instupituous macrumors newbie

its been entertaining initiating screen sharing with apple stores since leopard arrived. from anywhere too. often customers accept the requests without knowing what they are getting into. but, when they walk away, the next unsuspecting user does not know they are being watched. its easy enough for me to remove the ichat icon from the menu bar when no one is looking. people read their email, browse myspace, etc . . . it might be a good idea for apple to add a warning every 10 minutes or so reminding that your screen is still being shared, and if you wish to continue. you and i would make sure to end it. other users may forget. and here is a youtube gallery of my experiments

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The most boring video ever. Don't you have something better to do?

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Yikes, that's pretty insane. You may want to give them feedback on that if you haven't already.

4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

WHAT a great idea! You've gotta do something to mess with them. You can take over mouse control, right? Or does that require confirmation? If you can control the mouse, you need to do so and then open up textedit and write something like "Hello, I am a Mac. How are you doing today?" Or... "Please be more gentle with my mouse." Or... "WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU"

:D:D:D

5. instupituous thread starter macrumors newbie

i like that. i will try that next time. any other requests? maybe something like mission impossible, or "this is yourself from 10 hours in the future . . . follow my instructions . . ."

yes, i do have something else better to do, but how else am i going to procrastinate . . .