Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
all day today. I spent about one hour on the phone with AppleCare, but never found a solution that would last longer than ten minutes. This occurs on my MBAir and my MBP 2.5

I would click on the video camera on the AIM Buddy List>Preferences>Messages>My Balloon Color>then a crash report Kernel Protection Failure>iChat shuts down...:mad:

Been on the phone off/on with AppleCare Techs, but no definitive answer or a fix that would resolve the issue...:confused:

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    46 KB · Views: 61

Catfish_Man

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2001
Portland, OR
It's crashing due to a problem in WebKit, but without more of the crashlog (only the veeeery top of the relevant bit is visible in your picture) it's hard to say more than that.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
It's crashing due to a problem in WebKit, but without more of the crashlog (only the veeeery top of the relevant bit is visible in your picture) it's hard to say more than that.

Thanks, Catfish_Man, someone from Apple is working on the situation, but the fix is not immediate since I'm not able to stay on the phone with them longer than (1) hour during Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, due to my schedule. I'm thinking about the Apple Store tomorrow during my break. Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco, CA.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.