ichat sound is missing HELP!! Please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by suchanoob, Aug 22, 2009.

1. suchanoob macrumors newbie

ok so i just noticed that my ichat sound when im in a video chat has disappeared. its been missing for like 4 days, and i havent been able to fix the problem

during video chatting. if im iming someone i dont get an sound alert to know they have sent me a message i get the number but i dont get the popping sound that you get when your iming AND also in video chat. and it all of a sudden stopped working.

just to let you all know..its not the regular sound when iming its like a "pop" :D

Please help!:confused:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3rd-party webcam, external iSight, or internal iSight?

3. suchanoob thread starter macrumors newbie

um isight...but the sound isnt working not the vid..just in case u didnt get that.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yep. Is it one that is built-in, or is it the old iSight camera that you set on the top of your monitor? Driver-wise it shouldn't make a difference, but it might.

Check System Preferences/Sounds/Input for the proper source to see if it has been changed to something else.

5. suchanoob thread starter macrumors newbie

built in..i have the aluminum macbook early 09

6. suchanoob thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG i think i have like confused u and myself...the sound is working...im talking about the chat sound you here when uve received a new message...but not the regular one ...the one that you hear when in video