iChat sporadic connection issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dylanemcgregor, Apr 11, 2007.

1. dylanemcgregor macrumors member

We use iChat in my office to do daily Video Chats with an office in India. About 50% of the time the Indian office does not show up as online in our contact list. We doublecheck connection and quit and relaunch the app, but still no luck. Usually the next day, or sometimes later the same day it will work fine.

My only thought is that the bandwidth on the India side is not very reliable, so maybe when the bandwidth drops we don't get the connection option in iChat? Is this consistent with how iChat would work? Once or twice we have had chats dropped, and we get an error message that says insufficient bandwidth to maintain connection, but if it is before we even connect there are no error messages, we just don't seem to have the option to connect to each other.

Any suggestions? The company is thinking of spending a bunch of money on a "professional" video conferencing solution, but if bandwidth is the issue I don't think this will solve our problems.

Dylan

2. dylanemcgregor thread starter macrumors member

bump???

The Macs in our office are in jeopardy of being replaced if I can't get iChat to work reliably.