iChat sucks in Snow Leopard HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bumzo1, Sep 9, 2009.

1. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

after I installed snow leopard ichat will not support a 3 person video chat without the 3rd person timing out. In leopard I was able to support 4 people with no problem. I have already checked and my bandwidth limit is set to none so thats not the problem. Any help is appreciated.

2. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

Pehaps try Chax, which is an add-on for iChat. You can also try Adium which is another app altogether. While Adium does not have Video Chat, there is an add-on to support video chat that you can try. Both are long-shots.

I have been having weird experiences with Snow Leopard too.

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

If you actually read his post, you'll know your post isn't very helpful. Chax is just an add-on to iChat, it won't help his timeout problems. Adium doesn't have video chat, so that doesn't help him any, either.

4. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

I've heard that this is a common problem. I would wait for the next point update to see if Apple fixes it..

5. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

I realize Adium does not have Video Chat, as I said in my previous post, but I have heard of add-ons to Adium. Yes, I realize it is a long-shot.

And, yes, I realize Chax is "just an add-on" (which was also in my previous post). You never know, it could help! Bumzo seems desperate, so long shot attempts could be his only hope.

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Gotcha, sorry for calling you out.

7. aarcarr macrumors member

I can't keep a video chat going for longer than 2 minutes, then it just freezes. Haven't found a fix yet! :confused: