iChat Theater removed in Mavericks?!?!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Fofer, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Fofer macrumors 6502a

Overall I am happy with the Mavericks upgrade. However, I am *very* saddened to see that in Mavericks, the "iChat Theater" feature has been removed from Messages.

I used iChat Theater frequently, for years. And I never had a single issue with it. It was a unique feature I haven't been able to replicate with any other software. And the look on the other videconferencing partner's face when they saw it in action for the first time was always priceless. Especially if they were new to Mac. :) It was one of those differentiating features that made things easy and fun, and practically felt like magic. It was a great way to watch a video together online, or to to present a document/image to another person while you're videoconferencing. So why was it removed? I hope it comes back.

2. lcl58 macrumors newbie

I just noticed this as well. It was great for separated family members to watch videos together while in video chat. I've been away from home for many months and this feature was one of the things that helps keep me sane. Why would they do something so stupid? Could it be hidden somewhere? I may have to downgrade system to get it back, if that's even possible at this point.

3. lcl58 macrumors newbie

I just called Apple support and they just said "it's not available at this time," and no projection on when or if it will come back again in the future.

4. lcl58 macrumors newbie

Still waiting for the real answer from Apple. Nothing but silence.

It's senseless to not have this feature back yet.