iChat - Unable to Send or Receive Messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bendy Walker, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Bendy Walker macrumors regular

Bendy Walker

I've recently received my iMac back after repairs at the Apple Store. There was a hard drive failure, so they put a new HDD in.

I restored from a Time Machine backup, and everything is working fine (apart from the mammoth amount of podcasts and such I've got to catch up with).

The only thing I'm having problems with is iChat. I use it connect to Facebook IM through the Jabber protocol, but I'm finding I can't send or receive messages. There's no error message or anything like that; if I type a message into the box and press Enter, the focus jumps away from the chat window. I've tried deleting and setting up my account in iChat, deleting all the preferences and starting from scratch twice, and it's still not working.

The same problem occurs: whenever I try to send a message (by pressing Enter), the focus jumps from the chat window.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Ah, Facebook chat support in many programs is currently broken due to a server-side change. Adium's Facebook support is not working either. I have yet to find a client for Facebook chats on Mac OS X that does work. :(