iChat video call with a windows AIM user

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
I've been looking for some help with ichat and AIM video conference. I cant find any relevant to my problem at the macrumors forums or google.

The problem I have is that I have to arrange a Video Conference between 2 macs and a windows machine. Unfortunately, I cant get it to work. I can do a video conference between mac and mac, and between mac and pc. but I cant get it to work on a mac, mac and pc.

To make things worst. The conference will sometimes be between a mac and 2 pc's.

Anyone has had a successful set up between multi-user video conference? I also tried skype, but apparently skype only allows 1 on 1 and not a 3 way.

any help would be appreciated!

jsgrabo

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2007
the problem may be with AIM. I'm not sure but perhaps aim only allows users to video chat/conference with 1 user. sure ichat allows 3 but aim may be the limiting factor.

chrono1081

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
AIM is most likely the limiting factor. Its video is terrible. Unless everyone on aim has the EXACT same version its most likely not going to work. Also it only allows one on one.

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
thanks for the replies.
Is there anything you would recommend for video conferences when there's multi-OS involved?

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
I've been using skype, but it only allows video chat between 2 computers. Audio with more than 1. We need video chat between 3 different computers.

anyone else knows of a solution to videochat between 3 different computers (the solution most allow mac and windows machines)?