iChat video call with a windows AIM user

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr.Texor, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

I've been looking for some help with ichat and AIM video conference. I cant find any relevant to my problem at the macrumors forums or google.

The problem I have is that I have to arrange a Video Conference between 2 macs and a windows machine. Unfortunately, I cant get it to work. I can do a video conference between mac and mac, and between mac and pc. but I cant get it to work on a mac, mac and pc.

To make things worst. The conference will sometimes be between a mac and 2 pc's.

Anyone has had a successful set up between multi-user video conference? I also tried skype, but apparently skype only allows 1 on 1 and not a 3 way.

any help would be appreciated!

2. jsgrabo macrumors regular

the problem may be with AIM. I'm not sure but perhaps aim only allows users to video chat/conference with 1 user. sure ichat allows 3 but aim may be the limiting factor.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

AIM is most likely the limiting factor. Its video is terrible. Unless everyone on aim has the EXACT same version its most likely not going to work. Also it only allows one on one.

4. Mr.Texor thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the replies.
    Is there anything you would recommend for video conferences when there's multi-OS involved?

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Skype?

6. Mr.Texor thread starter macrumors regular

I've been using skype, but it only allows video chat between 2 computers. Audio with more than 1. We need video chat between 3 different computers.

anyone else knows of a solution to videochat between 3 different computers (the solution most allow mac and windows machines)?

7. Random Rob macrumors newbie

I don't know if you still need help on this or not but a good multi-platform multi-video chat program is ooVoo. You can get this at http://www.oovoo.com/

I was having the same problem and they seem to be good and let you do a video chat with 4 people total (for free, 6 if you want to pay).