iChat Video Chat help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Justamar, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Justamar macrumors newbie

So, whenever i try to video chat with ichat it never works, i always get an error that the other person is not accepting, when they actually are, while in Skype it works fine, but there is no video conferencing in there. Any help?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's usually a NAT issue that causes problems with iChat.

Skype does have video conferencing as well.

3. Justamar thread starter macrumors newbie

Would you mind telling my how to fix the NAT? there is video conferencing in skype no way i spent like 45 min the other day looking!

4. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

yeah, skype video conference, when you call someone, the third button from the bottom left is the video conference. You can usually get ichat to work if you call the isp provider who will do what they can and then you will have to call the company that makes your router. The rub in all of this is that it could be a problem on the other end of the video conference so the person you are talking to may have to do the same. Leopard has made it pretty rare to have NAT issues, but they happen every now and then. Firewalls on these routers stop video chats because video chats transfer a sh$%ton of information and that was a safeguard against hacking. Good luck, just use skype if ichat doesnt work.