iChat Video Error -22

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kscialabbo, Aug 22, 2007.

1. kscialabbo macrumors newbie

kscialabbo

I've been having a difficult time with trying connect between two computers to video chat via iChat. I have done my research, updated ports, etc. using these links: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301641 and http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9805.

The error showing up reads "Insufficient Bandwidth.." and I have set my streaming speed off automatic like told in above links, have added iChat and iChat AV ports as well, but yet I am still getting errors. In the Connection Doctor it is telling me "Chat ended with error -22" which i've researched means: -22 unitEmptyErr Driver ref num specifies NIL handle in unit table
    which I am not familiar with.

How do I resolve this issue?

Also, what is the difference between the green camera that is layered and the one that is 2d? There are certain ones that have layers beneath the green camera icon and some that do not.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Nar1117 macrumors 6502

Well, I cant answer your first question, but your second is rather easy. A "layered" camera means that you can host/participate in a multi-party video chat. I.e. you can chat with more than 2 people on video. The "flat" camera means the opposite; only the standard 1 v. 1 chat is available with their computer or bandwidth options.

As for the first question, are you operating out of your home internet or a work/office situation? Sometimes if you are connected to a network (especially if its windows-based), the network admin will not enable all the ports you need for iChat to work. I have had this problem before. If you are operating out of your home, I have no clue. Sorry! :confused:

Goodluck... hope someone else on here knows what they are talking about.