ichat video freeze

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brentg33, Sep 21, 2008.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

hi, i have a MBP running 10.5.5 and my brother has an iMac running 10.5.4. before the update to 10.5.5 on my machine we could video chat with no issues. however, we are trying it today and within minutes our video freezes, still have audio though....is it the update or comcast?

thanks

2. jmrnavydoc macrumors newbie

jmrnavydoc

I have the same issue. After a few minutes, the incoming video freezes, then my preview pane freezes. Then i have to force quit ichat because the rainbow pinwheel of death shows up. This is getting very frustrating. I don't have comcast.. it's likely something to do with the update. WTF?

3. Musicmasta macrumors member

Musicmasta

from what I've read on apple discussions board, the quicktime update 7.5.5 is the cause of ichat video problems. Nothing you can do until they patch it.. I've tried all the solutions admins have given me and none of them work.

4. brettfus macrumors newbie

solution

Hey, I called apple today and got help with all of this, and I was able to fix it completely. You have to uninstall Flip4mac, because the new quicktime update messes with it. After you do that though you are fine.