iChat Video Freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rph105, Sep 10, 2009.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard when someone sends me a video chat their video appears fine for the first 10 seconds and then freezes.

I've been on the phone with Apple today with no result, they made me do the restart holding down the keys to hear the three chimes and they even told me to delete iChat from Applications and reinstall in via the Snow Leopard DVD.

I've also tried deleting iChat's .plist, still doesn't work.

I've done all of the above and am still having the same problem, it's weird because the video chat with the same person works perfectly fine on my Mac Mini which is also running Snow Leopard and I really don't want to lug this Mac Pro to the Genius Bar for such a problem.

If anyone could lend a hand it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. attorneyatlaw macrumors newbie

ICHAT Video Freezing

I recently bought a new mac book pro w/ Snow Leopard and yest my ichat just started freezing. I use ichat everyday but now when I start a chat it is fie for the 1st couple of seconds and then my screen freezes where as I am frozenbut I can still see the other person just fine.

Did apple provide you with a solution??

I just decreased my bandwitch to 500 and it is working thus far fine...with minor audio problems (audio cutting out very briefly) and video problems (other person screen displays movements in slow motion)...pray it continues to work w/o freezing...

3. aarcarr macrumors member

Been having problems with the freezing too. I dropped the bandwith to 500kbps, goes a bit longer before it freezes, but still happens. Don't really know what to do now. :confused:

4. Skyfox16 macrumors newbie

I too am having this problem after upgrading to Snow Leopard.... i didnt get any errors or have any problems doing the upgrade and i just noticed this tonight when i tried using iChat....

has anyone found a fix or has apple said anything about this issue?

5. jonlorusso macrumors newbie