Ichat video problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeanneStewart, Dec 3, 2007.

1. LeanneStewart macrumors newbie

Ok... I have been working on this for a couple of weeks. I have an macbook, running 10.5.1, and my friend has an imac, running 10.4.11. We cannot have a video chat to save our lives! We have been working on it forever. For a while I couldn't get my video chat to work at all. Well, tonight, I was finally able to start a video chat with the test bot apple has. He can start a chat with the test bot and so can I. He can also have chats with his other friend, who is also running 10.5.1. Why is it that he and I cannot chat? He can chat with his friend, and we can both get the video chat going with the bot, but we cannot chat with each other. I have turned off internet sharing and I have set my ichat bandwidth preferences to 500 (thats what made mine finally communicate with the test bot). It cannot be a tiger to leopard problem because he can chat with his friend who is running leopard, they have no problems. I am very frustrated, and so close to making it work. Can someone please help me? There has to be one last thing that needs to be set up on either my end or his to get this to work. It must be my end, because he chats with his friend fine.

Thanks in advance!
    Leanne

2. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

PM me. I will give you my .mac address and try with me

3. LeanneStewart thread starter macrumors newbie

Well folks, Mydel was sweet and tried to help... but he couldn't figure it out. Any other takers?

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

do you have internet sharing on turn that off and go to ichat preferences check ssl off or on to see if that will work in account tab

5. PMartinez527 macrumors newbie

i have this same problem. did the last solution work for you?