Ichat Video :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crazzyyladdyy, Jun 1, 2010.

1. crazzyyladdyy macrumors newbie

I cannot get my Ichat to work.
    I have tried everything! My firewall is off, I'm using port 443 for aim, and I even turned internet sharing off (I think)
    I can sign into my account and everything and do text chat ,but the video chat does not work. It just says "starting conversation with:sakjfalskdjf" forever and doesn't even bring up an error message. I'm trying really hard to use this. I have the older MacBook Pro 1,1
    It's has Mac OS X Version 10.6.3 with 2 GHz Intel Core Duo 667 Hhz
    I'm not sure but I think it's Snow Leopard or Leopard I can't exactlly remember.
    But someone please help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

You can see what version of the Mac Operating System you're running by going to the Apple logo in the top left and then About this Mac...

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

10.6.3 is Snow Leopard, just for the record.

But either way, there's a few things to note about iChat. Because iChat is very high quality video, there can sometimes be problems when trying to video chat — and sometimes, it's not always on your end — it can also be based on the settings that the person on the other end has.

A great site that has answered a lot of iChat questions is this one. Try some of the things found there and maybe that'll help you out.

And if all else fails, you might want to just setup a free Skype account. It works almost every time (although the quality isn't as good as iChat, but hey, at least it works).