iChat will not multisession; need help ASAP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GFLPraxis, Jun 28, 2007.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hey guys. I've got a MacBook here that refuses to multisession video chat over WiFi.

The single-camera icons appears next to everybody's name when I'm connected over WiFi; and before someone suggests a bandwidth issue (a la Apple's KB), I've got four bars on the connection, and if I plug the MacBook in via Ethernet iChat will video chat just fine.

So it's not a bandwidth issue, as 802.11g should be more than fast enough and our internet connection is more than fast enough (as Ethernet works).

The CIO who is currently out of the country has no problem multisession video chatting with other people here in the building. He isn't able to invite this MacBook into the chat. Why am I having this problem? (i've seen it happen to random computers at CompUSA once in a while, too, actually).

I would like help ASAP since right now the CIO would like to invite my boss's boss to a video conference.

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It's a QuickTime glitch. Go into System Prefs, choose QuickTime and then in the 'Streaming' tab choose your connection speed manually. If it doesn't have your exact speed, choose the one above it just to be safe in making sure you can definitely do multi-video sessions.