iChat.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrAkD, Apr 9, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

So who else thinks apple didnt include an IM type multitasking service cause their reserving it for iChat with the new phone? I saw devs have found clues referencing iChat and a front facing camera. I'm betting iChat will be a feature in 4.0 on multiple devices but only the new phone will have the front facing camera for video chat and their not going to announce it until the new phone is announced. thats my guess atleast. Thats what I thought when watching the keynote and the clues the devs found further proves it.

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I'd like for them to create a native IM client for the iPhone, and there is references to iChat in the new firmware, but I'm not sure they'll do it. It will put most of the third party app people out of business if they do.

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Seems likely at this point, unless they're purposely adding red herrings to code. We don't know if it'll just be video or a replica of the desktop app though.

4. trajen macrumors 6502a

Maybe they will incorporate Gmail, Yahoo, etc. IM clients into the Messages app? That way you could have all you SMS/IM conversations in one app. Kind of like the Pré.

5. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

iChat is coming. Video only supported on iPhone HD.

6. matttye macrumors 601

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it's added as an iPhone G4-only feature, but I wouldn't get too excited about this... in a project as large as the iPhone OS there will be hundreds if not thousands of references to future features, doesn't necessarily mean they'll be in the next revision.