iCleaner + iPhone = NO APPS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shamb0lic, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Shamb0lic, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012

Shamb0lic macrumors newbie

Hi,

So today I installed a new app from The BigBoss repo on Cydia called iCleaner. For those not yet aware of this app it is meant to be 'The ultimate iPhone cleaning app! It removes unnecessary files from your device.

This indeed it most definitely is as upon running it to clean 'unnecessary' files such as logs, temporary files etc it decided to remove ALL apps from my phone. Infanct not so much did it remove the apps but it seems to have made them unreadable by my iPhone as when I plug it into my mac and start up iTunes it shows 10.1gb of 'other' memory being used.

Anyway what I am hoping to get answered is the following questions:

(1) Is there anyway of taking this 'Other' memory and making my apps appear back as they were previously as they would appear to still be on the phone, but just not as apps?

(2) If the answer to the above is no the. Is there away of reclaiming the 'Other' 10.1gb of space used without restoring the phone in iTunes?

And finally

(3) My iPhone is currently on iOS 5.0.1 as this is obviously has an un-tethered jailbreak option. If the answer to the previous question is no then I will be forced to do a restore, which will take me to iOS 5,1 which doesn't have an un-tethered jailbreak option. Is there anyway of restoring to 5,0.1 at all? I do have my blobs saved but have a feeling this is no longer an option!

2. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Well you can restore back to 5.0.1 if you have the SHSH blobs and its any iPhone other than 4S.

3. Shamb0lic thread starter macrumors newbie

Is this running the usual TinyUmbrella TSS server option?

4. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Yeah, you save the blobs then use redsn0w to stitch the SHSH to the IPSW, then you restore with that new IPSW made.

5. Shamb0lic thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm confused as my previous JB was done using absinthe lol So do I run TinyUmbrella and start the TSS server and then do what you said regarding stitching my SHSH to the IPSW file?

6. b0bab0i macrumors regular

So you have an iPhone 4S? That means you can't downgrade to 5.0.1 as stated in my first post.

7. Shamb0lic thread starter macrumors newbie

No I have an iPhone 4, the first untethered JB for it using 5.0.1 was Absinthe. redsn0w was released after.

8. Shamb0lic, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012

Shamb0lic thread starter macrumors newbie

Also where does TU on a mac save the SHSH to?

FOUND IT!!

9. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Is anyone else using this Icleaner?? I dont want to end up like OP--sounds like a great thing to have but not if it delaetes all your apps

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Using anything like that is very dangerous.
    I stay far away from those
    And sadly, now you know why.

11. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

Installed and used iCleaner after watching Jeff's iDownloadBlog Video, Had no problems! Mine's a Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 ...

12. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

guys may I suggest that sometimes its better to contact developer/author of the app then running to these forums as they tend to know a whole lot more because they designed the tweak/add-on/app....

13. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

No problems with iCleaner as well. Installed, ran, cleaned up about 111 MB worth of "junk" on my 4S, 5.0.1 and it did a respring.

I wonder why it didn't work for you. Strange.