iCloud 2 ?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 10, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Will apple update icloud for the iPhone 5S ?
    An interactive icloud that we can use on our iphone and access our pictures and videos and music ? And they should update the storage to 15GB or more
    5GB for 2013 is too little and once the next iPhone comes the camera roll will get filled up faster.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

No, there's a reason you can buy more storage if you need it.

3. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

They should give away free iPhones too, why pay for stuff...

4. haydn! macrumors 6502a

I'd say upgrades/improvements to the functionality of iCloud are inevitable, hell, they already announced a big one, iWork in the Cloud, and I'd expect a flatter designed iCloud.com to launch with iOS7 but will they increase storage for free? Extremely unlikely.

5. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Google gives you 15GB for everything and they haven't exactly gone bankrupt.
    I have 25GB of free space on SkyDrive.

It's not like giving the extra space would be like giving free iPhones.

6. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Yeah. And Google also scans whatever 'private' data you put into their servers to sell for marketing data and by signing up for their services you agree they can share you 'private' data with whomever they want, including the NSA.

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Flickr gives you a terabyte.

8. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

So no response for SkyDrive?
    How about Mega giving 50GB?
    Also, please... don't tell me you really think that the NSA can't get your things in iCloud.
    Somebody else mentioned Flickr.

9. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

iCloud is great, but they do need to upgrade the storage. 20GB would be good. The things is, it's still isn't as useful as say Dropbox or Box. It's one thing they could do to let the iPhone have a "file system". Save an attachment from mail, opens the iCloud folder with your file system. There needs to be a better way to share documents than using the third party apps. Dropbox is great but I would switch and pay for 100GB of iCloud storage if I could use it like I use Dropbox. Having system level integration is something Apple desperately needs.

10. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

SkyDrive is my main go to cloud storage for docs, photos and graphics for clients and personal use. all my devices have it. it would be nice if Apple would make iCloud a more universal cloud storage with a decent amount of free store. I have 3 Apple devices and a 4th on the way, yet I only get 5gb free to use amongst them? Come on Apple, at least give 5gb per device

11. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Isn't photo streaming usage doesn't fill your 5GB cap?

5GB is little if you have multiple device and you choose back up on iCloud for all your devices.

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

Every iCloud feature uses your 5 GB of storage. Apple allows you to pay for more storage if needed.

13. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

perhaps but it won't really be due to the iPhone hardware. I suspect that little by little they will enlarge iCloud features as the software moves forward. But I doubt that they will ever increase the free storage. Perhaps one bump up to 10GB to account for folks with two devices but nothing higher.

The only real things I would like to see are a way to backup and restore things individually including turning off text messages, pop mail backups etc. Seeing exactly what is backed up even if just by item and size counts in your account and a common public page for shared streams, journals etc like there was when homepage was around. perhaps one day even including the ability to show iTunes reviews, game center scores etc

14. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

iCloud's biggest selling point is it's seamless integration. It just works.

I agree that we should have an increase in space. 5GB isn't very much at all.

15. Skika macrumors 68030

This is FALSE. Photo stream doesnt count into 5GB.

16. batting1000 macrumors 604

Ah yes, forgot

17. maxosx macrumors 68020

I cloud doesn't need an upgrade. What it really needs is to be well sorted out.

18. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

5GB isn't much, and given the limited amount of things that you can use it for, I don't see any reason why Apple wouldn't increase it.

It's a bit odd that you can get as much space from buying a second-hand iPhone 3GS as you can from buying a brand new iPhone 5, iPad mini and MacBook.

I'm surprised there isn't some bonus per-device space allocation.

19. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Sorry, no. I am not paying 40 dollars per year for 25G storage. I have 2 SkyDrive accounts for 25GB each for free, 2 gmail account for 15GB each for free.

I rather want keep my backup local than paying 49 dollar for 25GB. That is pretty bad deal if you ask me

20. springsup macrumors 6502a

springsup

You're right, you should get more free space depending on the number of devices you have. An additional 2.5GB for each additional iOS device and 5GB per OSX device, perhaps?

21. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It should be equal to the size of your iOS device.

22. Liberty. macrumors 6502

Apple should pay you for using their products. It's only fair.

23. irDigital0l Guest

I like how much faith you've put in Apple regarding your data.

They all do it.