Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leicestershire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
Hi
I'm new on here, so bear with me on basic terms..

I got a second hand iPhone 4s that has been erased i think, as showing the language selction, etc.. Problem is that it is saying it needs the iCloud password of the previous owner. Unfortunately, i don't have contact with them. I'm told this is because they turned on Find My Phone and it needs removing off their account.

What are my options please?
Someone said Jailbreak - what is this?
Sombody else said to use a bypass tool?
And from my preivous IT background, i wondered if i can swap the motherboard, which presumably would swap the ROM/RAM?

By the way, i do have another iPhone at my disposal to take the motherboard from if necessary (everything else on it is useless - on/off button, speaker, screen, all broken)

Thanks, Andy.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
did you buy the phone from someone? basically its still locked to someone elses icloud account because of one of two things.

1.) the legitimate owner sold it to you but forgot to log out of "find my iphone"

or

2.) the phone was stolen

where did you get this phone from? found it? bought it? do the right thing and return it if so.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
There's no way around the iCloud lock, this topic has been discussed numerous times, so much so, I'm locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.