Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I have figured out how to set this in Mail on my Mac and in iCloud web but can't seem to do this on my iPhone running iOS15. I can set the default ACCOUNT but I want to use the alias as the default email. I can't seem to find this option :(

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I have figured out how to set this in Mail on my Mac and in iCloud web but can't seem to do this on my iPhone running iOS15. I can set the default ACCOUNT but I want to use the alias as the default email. I can't seem to find this option :(
I use an alias as my default too. Here's the steps to do it on iOS:

1. Settings > your account > iCloud
2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to where you see Look Me Up and Mail. Tap on Mail
3. In the top section iCloud Account Information, tap on Email.
4. On the next screen select which iCloud alias you want as your default.

The Advanced setting on the Email screen is also where you can specify mailbox behaviors.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I use an alias as my default too. Here's the steps to do it on iOS:

1. Settings > your account > iCloud
2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to where you see Look Me Up and Mail. Tap on Mail
3. In the top section iCloud Account Information, tap on Email.
4. On the next screen select which iCloud alias you want as your default.

The Advanced setting on the Email screen is also where you can specify mailbox behaviors.

I should have clarified that this is on my secondary iCloud email, formerly @Mac email. It's that whole debacle where iTunes purchases and @Mac email used to be separate and then could not be combined when iCloud was launched. A mess but here we are. So the options you listed aren't there, unfortunately.

Last edited:

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
In iPadOS 14, I can select any of my email or alias's with iCloud/me/Mac as my default.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.