iCloud alias iOS setup help

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by BackTwoMac, Jun 23, 2013.

1. BackTwoMac macrumors member

Unfortunately, when I initially set up iCloud I didn't put a lot of thought into my username. I see that I can't change the name, but I can set up an alias, which I have done. Is there a way to set this up on my Iphone so I ONLY receive email from the alias, and not from the primary account? (I know I can set it up to only send from the alias). As it turns out I get a lot of junk mail on my iCloud account, but I would like to only get notification for non-junk messages, which is why I only want to receive mail sent to the alias. I hope this isn't confusing.

Thanks for the help.

2. Bear macrumors G3

The email to your original icloud.com name and the alias is one email account. What you can do is make sure you mark all spam you get as junk mail so it can better learn what to filter as junk.

3. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

4. Bear macrumors G3

That doesn't work too well if he has App Store purchases tied to the account.

5. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

Trust me. I'd love it if they just allow us merge/migrate our accounts! My purchases are on one account. My icloud is on another.