Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colin15

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
So if I already use my @me.com account as my AppleID / iTunes login, I'm all set?!?

Jack of Plaid

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
If I sign up for the iCloud @me address, am I able to change the ID name at a later date? I remember when creating an original mobileme account it would make a separate Apple ID that is not ever able to be changed but the account I made with my @gmail address is able to be altered. I'm referring to the username you log in with essentially.

galanoth

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2008
I have an iPhone and an iPad. My parents each have their own iPhone. All are using my apple ID. All 4 devices are also using said apple store account for icloud. I have MobileMe and will use that as my iCloud on my iphone and ipad when I can. Question is will I need to make my parents each their own iCloud account because they have different personal emails and contacts calendars etc. Also would it be possible to use that app store account across all 4 ONLY for purchases and no syncing.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I have an iPhone and an iPad. My parents each have their own iPhone. All are using my apple ID. All 4 devices are also using said apple store account for icloud. I have MobileMe and will use that as my iCloud on my iphone and ipad when I can. Question is will I need to make my parents each their own iCloud account because they have different personal emails and contacts calendars etc. Also would it be possible to use that app store account across all 4 ONLY for purchases and no syncing.

simply put, set them all up with their own iCloud accounts in the iCloud settings menu, in the store menu just enter your apple ID and then they can use the apps from your account.

galanoth

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2008
simply put, set them all up with their own iCloud accounts in the iCloud settings menu, in the store menu just enter your apple ID and then they can use the apps from your account.

Wow sounds simple enough when you put it that way. Thanks so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.