Icloud and battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tjespo22, Jul 24, 2011.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

So i recently turned on Icloud and my phone has had TERRIBLE battery life. I am running Ios5 Beta 4. Any info would be greatly appreciated

2. shandyman Suspended

i'm running icloud and with iOS5 my battery life has been better than iOS4

3. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I highly doubt that, you must have had underlying problems with iOS4 then

4. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

My battery life too has been the same or better in iOS 5 with iCloud running in the background.

The only time I notice there's a huge drop in battery performance is when location services are running. There must be a bug I'm encountering, as location services is not supposed to be in use unless I'm using maps or the camera.

5. shandyman Suspended

wow, didn't know you knew my iDevice so well since i have never even met you!! :eek: you' have some freaky abilities, have you been tested?? :p

on iOS4. i unplugged about 6.30am, by 10pm i'd be at 30%. on iOS5 by 10pm i'm at 40%.

actually since beta 3 i've been at 50% as i've turned off some items in the system services part of the location services menu.

6. vslo macrumors regular

There must be something wrong. I am getting terrible battery life with iOS 5. I am running beta 4 now and it still terrible. On standby, my phone drops about 1% in 15-20 min, with iCloud on and off. I made a test yesterday and turn the airplane mode on. The battery didn't moved 1% in 4 hours !! In the first hour that I turned airplane mode off again, it dropped 3%. I tried everything: iCloud on and off, locations on and off, push on and off. None made it better. I hope for this to get fixed soon !

7. shandyman Suspended

clean install or update? as on beta, clean installs are usually the best way forward. saying that i did do beta 4 OTA tho.

8. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

Recalibrate your battery. I did this and it fixed my problem when I was experiencing massive battery drain after running with location services on (I had turned location services off too before the recalibration and still had the battery drain).

Just yesterday I was experimenting with location services again, and again I started seeing abysmal battery performance. So I turned off location services, but the battery is still draining too fast. I have just done a full discharge and am waiting to see if that makes a difference again.