iCloud and calendars/contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jca69, Apr 23, 2014.

1. jca69 macrumors newbie

What's wrong with iCloud and synchronization of calendar events and contacts.

I just moved so for a while I was using my laptop to charge my iPhone 4S instead of the Mac Pro. After some days, it turns out that my iPhone lost a bunch of contacts, I can't create new calendar events and also lost most of my songs. Now even having my iPhone tethered to the MacPro, I can see contacts in the latter that are not in the iphone, and there's no frigging way to put them back, can only create events through iCloud.com or the mac, .... I'm so tired of all this :mad:

I'm mulling whether to upgrade to 5s, maybe 6 or just forget about all this and go Android! Seriously...why the heck do we have to sync contacts through iCloud, NSA mandate?

End of the rant :D

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You don't. Feel free to use another method as I do.

3. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I sync my contacts from Google along with my email and calendar information.

4. cynics macrumors G3

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't have a problem syncing via iCloud.

Put a contact in my Mac and in seconds it's on my phone. Write a note on my phone and it's on my Mac. Calendar is the same way.

5. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

6. jca69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, and that's how it used to work for me. But for unknown reasons now I can't add new events on the phone, the + is grayed out. I have to do it on my Mac.
    I can create contacts but not all the contacts I have in my Mac are on the phone, and it doesn't matter how many times I click on Sync, they are not being synced.

7. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yep except for reminders. Sometimes I have to open calendar on my iPhone to get a full reminders sync.

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Yes, NSA is paying Apple a lot of money for iCloud access. :apple:

9. terrywfoster macrumors regular

I've never seen that occur on any device I use or have ever used. I'd like to know what the real problem is though. I'm just curious.

10. jca69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Me too, never happened before. :confused:

There's still no way to add anything to the Calendar...

Attached Files:

• 736.PNG
      736.PNG
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
  11. jamesmase62 macrumors newbie

Cloud is the only option

You must make sure that the cloud is turned on on your phone and your computer. you can no longer sync manualy via I tunes. I am totaly against this development. I don't want to have any info in the cloud and would like to at least have the option to choose weather or not to put my info out to the NSA.
    It is a very "Microsoft" type of policy and needs to be changed.
    :mad:

12. jca69 thread starter macrumors newbie

And mysteriously, now the + button came back to life… Now it works :confused: