Icloud and Iphone 5s

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mrcharisma, May 12, 2016.

1. mrcharisma macrumors newbie

mrcharisma

I am running a PC, and I just went into Icloud on my PC. added stuff to Calendar, and tried to sync to cell phone, but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

You might want to try either the iPhone forum or the Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services forum. This one is focused on the Macbook, old and new.

While you're certainly welcome to post wherever you wish, those forums may have more participants who can answer your question. Still, the folks here are quite helpful too and may have an answer. Your choice.

It's been years since I've tried icloud syncing from a PC, but it seems I had to explicitly tell the daemon what data source on the PC I was using. Then of course you need to ensure the phone is using/displaying your icloud calendar. If you're syncing the phone via itunes on the PC that may be set up not to even use icloud. Again, it's been years so things may be different now.

3. SteveJUAE, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016

SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Icloud synch's with Outlook I'm not sure it will with Win10 native apps for contacts, calander etc

Check your Icloud icon on the taskbar for settings