iCloud and iTunes - why no memory left?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Paulf1566, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Paulf1566 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4S and I had hoped that by using iCloud my music would not fill up my phone's memory. Well it has, I must have set it up incorrectly. Any advice please? What do I need to do to rectify this and then stop it happening again but still being able to access my music from iCloud, rather then from the phone's memory. I have paid for iMatch and extra iCloud memory. I hope you can help me. Thanks

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I believe thats how it works

you listen to a song, it streams/downloads (so its available next time you listen without downloading)
    repeat this until the memory gets full then the OS deletes songs you haven't listened to for a while

3. James Godfrey macrumors regular

I think the way it works is that each time you listen to a song it makes a cache file on your phone of that song, so next time its listened to it loads faster.

To clear this, just disabled then enable iTunes match and it clears the cache for you.

James

4. Paulf1566 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. Is there a way I can set a maximum amount of memory devoted to music, so that it self clears up to this limit?