icloud and photostream question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dubs83, Jul 26, 2015.

1. dubs83, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015

dubs83 macrumors regular

I'm a bit confused by icloud. so my computer is setup so I have icloud installed, but whenever I take a picture it puts it in a icloud folder (see attachment) but doesn't seem to upload it to icloud because when I go to my icloud account online it shows no pictures there. here is a bunch of screenshots of what I see and my settings. Any idea why it would be putting my pics into a photostream folder but not uploading it to icloud?

thanks guys

ps - it also says on my iphone under 'icloud photo library' '904 items to upload' One seems to have a progress bar that is stalled and the other doesn't have one but still says 904...

Attached Files:

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Your iPhone is still uploading 904 photos which will only happen on wifi so there is your issue.

Best bet is to sync them manually with a cable clear your phone then it'll be a nice quick process in the future.

3. dubs83 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, looks like they only uploaded when I had my iphone cable attached to my computer. Why wouldn't they upload w/o a cable? I still was connected to wi fi

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's very much dependant on your upload speed for your isp

5. dubs83 thread starter macrumors regular