iCloud and Photostream?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by evan0g, Sep 4, 2011.

1. evan0g macrumors newbie

I have a quick question about iCloud and Photostream. Basically, whenever I take a photo when I'm connected to wifi, the photos don't save to my
    Phone an disappear into thin air! Is there anyway I can recover these photos since I have no idea where theyve gone. Thanks. I'm using an iPhone 4 with ios 5 beta 6 and a MacBook Pro with Lion.

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

1. Which version of Beta are you on ? (Never mind, saw you are on Beta 6)
    2. Did you setup as new or restored from iCloud/iTunes ?
    3. By disappeared do you mean, its not there in Camera Roll AND Photostream ?

3. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

I would do a full restore of beta 7, don't upgrade OTA as I did and I found two minor things were broken. The way I find it works is this, I took some photos with my iPhone, then I went on to my iPad and opened photo stream and they weren't there, went into settings, confirmed my iCloud settings, then it seemed like the iPad just needed a moment or two to sync up with iCloud because the photos started to appear in photo stream on my iPad. If they are disappearing off your iPhone/iPod after you take them, that is certainly strange, do the update, full restore, should fix the problem.