iCloud and pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kirkhuffy, Sep 19, 2014.

1. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

So on my ip5 I had a few hundred pictures I was hoping to get onto my 6. The photos on the 5 are backed up onto iCloud, but when I set up the 6 I set it up as new. At this point is there a way to get the pictures onto the 6?

[note: at this current time I don't own a computer so iTunes is out of the question]

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

The photos are saved on iCloud. They will be automatically brought to your iPhone 6. Judging by your hundreds of pictures, it should take a while before all photos are on your iPhone 6.

3. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

Alright that's a relief, hopefully I did it right haha. I never used iCloud before. Thanks for the reply

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

No problem. You should start to see some of your photos in your app.

5. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

6. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

What version of iOS was the old iPhone on?
    Do you still have the old iPhone with memory intact?

When you backed up your old iPhone, what method did you use? Was it an iCloud Backup (Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup: Backup Now), or did you put them into PhotoStream (iOS 7.x) or did you upgrade the old iPhone to iOS 8 and get your photos up into the new iCloud Photo Library?

If you did a Backup Now and the old iPhone was on iOS 7.x or lower, you need to restore from your iCloud backup to get your Camera Roll images restored. To restore from an iCloud backup: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12521

7. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

It was on 7.x and it still has everything in it but I'm afraid ill have to factory reset the 6 to restore from backup. Which sucks cause I just spent over an hour getting it set up haha

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

if nothing shows up at all anywhere in the app (click all the tabs.) in 5 hours at at 11:00 at night. Then go to your iPhone 5 and sync photos iCloud again.

9. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

I actually just airdropped majority of the pictures. Sure it took a little while to select a few hundred photos but it sure is nice to be able to drop them all at once. Thanks for your help though!