iCloud and purchased apps question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by endo689, Jul 15, 2011.

1. endo689 macrumors newbie

This fall will iCloud allow us to download all previously purchased apps? Or only ones recently purchased with the latest version of iOS w/ iCloud?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You can ALREADY do this. This is a feature they've already put out there if you have the most recent version of iOS 4.

Go to SETTINGS > STORE and check that it's logged in correctly. Give it a second, the system has to enable that feature while you're on that screen. Then go to the 'updates' section of the app store on the phone and you'll see a 'purchased' bar on the top. Click that to see everything you've ever bought, ready to re-download.

3. endo689, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

endo689 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response. Are you using an AT&T or Verizon iPhone 4? I'm not sure there is much of a difference between the two when it comes to the firmware updates (I'm using a VZW iPhone 4), but I did what you said and nothing is in my updates tab saying purchased in the App Store. I know this is in the iTunes App that I may re-download purchased music but not for apps.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm on AT&T, so if anyone else has a Verizon phone that knows about this comes in, that might be who can help you. I'm not sure.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

I am pretty sure you need iOS 4.3.3 for this functionality, so Verizon customers are out of luck for now. They may have to wait for iOS 5.

6. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

I can confirm that the only way you can get this feature on vzw ATM is to upgrade to one of the betas. Not there on 4.2.8, not sure about 4.2.9 but I doubt it and I won't be finding out anyway so couldn't tell ya. As I said, can confirm IT IS NOT, in 4.2.8. I'll be glad when they get all iPhones(I mean most current iPhone on vzw and AT&T) on the same firmware. I've used both and can't tell any difference but still would be nice

7. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and my wife has a Verizon iPhone 4. It works fine on my AT&T phone but the option doesn't exist on the Verizon phone.

8. coolguy4747 macrumors member

coolguy4747

I don't know if you are trying to avoid using a computer, but you could download previously purchased apps in iTunes and then sync them to your phone.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, for that matter he can also go and "buy" the app as normal on the iPhone and it will re-download free of charge.

That has always been possible, iCloud is just adding a way to make it easier and more obvious.